Because Auburn Public Schools values academic success, school administrators created an Academic Hall of Fame to recognize graduates who excel in the classroom and extra curricular activities that embrace scholarship and the fine arts. The school began honoring graduates in May 2009. Lauren Fletcher was named as the first honoree. Visitors to Auburn High School (AHS) can view the entire membership of the Academic Hall of Fame by using a touch screen monitor located in the AHS Gymnasium Commons.
Criteria for Admission
Auburn High School Academic/Activity Hall of Fame Criteria
Students who graduate from Auburn High School* are eligible to enter the Hall of Fame if they meet one of the following criteria:
• ACT of 32 or higher or a SAT score of 1450 or higher
• Being selected as a National Merit Finalist
• Being selected to the Omaha World Herald All-Regional Academic Team
• Graduating with a 4.0 Cumulative GPA
• Winning an individual or team (including pair or duet) championship at a state level competition sanctioned by the Nebraska Department of Education or Nebraska School Activities Association
• Winning an individual or team (including pair or duet) championship at a state level competition in a school sponsored activity**
• Being elected to a statewide office in a school sponsored activity**
• Being selected to the NMEA All State Band, Jazz Band, Choir, or Orchestra for three or more years.
The three-year requirement is effective for the graduating class of 2021.\
The school principal may consider selection at previous schools for students who transferred into Auburn High School.
• Being selected 1st team all-state by either the Lincoln Journal-Star or the Omaha World-Herald in any sport sanctioned by the Nebraska School Activities Association.
• Being selected 1st team all-state in a sport by the Nebraska Coaches Association
• Winning an individual state championship or being a member of a state champion team in any sport/activity sanctioned by the Nebraska School Activities Association, the Nebraska Coaches Association, or the Nebraska Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
• Being selected to participate in a statewide all-star game or competition in a sport sanctioned by the Nebraska School Activities Association.
* The requirement to be an Auburn High School Graduate for the athletic criteria was approved by the Auburn Board of Education in July, 2017. It is considered as qualifying criteria for the 2018 graduating class and beyond.
** A school-sponsored activity is defined as an activity in which the school pays someone a salary to sponsor the activity (FLA, FBLA, SAB, Skills USA, FFA, etc.)