Offering expanded and enhanced learning opportunities to empower High Ability Learners.
Our Children . . . Our Future!
Identification of Students
- MAP/NeSA and IQ: a combined weighted score of at least “5” is required for initial consideration.
- If Step 1 is met, then Grade Average is calculated. The combined total of MAP/NeSA, IQ, and Grade Average weighted scores must be “7” or above to proceed to step 3.
- A Teacher Rating is obtained and the weighted score is applied.
- A minimum Total Weighted Score of “11” is required to qualify for the HAL program.
Opportunities for HAL Students
- Differentiated Instruction
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Advanced STEM Classes
- Math, Computer, and Business Contests
- Quiz Bowl Team
- Online Courses
- Dual Credit and Online College Courses
- Bronze, Silver and Gold Achievement Levels for Medals
- Career and College Exploration Course
- Fine Arts (band, art, vocal music)
- Extra-Curricular Clubs and Organizations
Kim Weeks, HAL Coordinator
Contact Information: 402.274.4328 firstname.lastname@example.org