Offering expanded and enhanced learning opportunities to empower High Ability Learners.
Our Children . . . Our Future!
Identification of Students
- Students must have minimum total weighted score of “5” after MAP/NeSA and IQ weighted scores are combined in order to proceed to step 2.
- Students must have a minimum total weighted score of “7” after Grade Average weighted score is added to above score in step 1 and then proceed to step 3.
- Teacher Rating weighted score is added in.
- Students must have a minimum total weighted score of “11” to qualify for the HAL program.
Opportunities for HAL Students
- Differentiated Instruction
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Advanced STEM Classes
- Math, Computer, and Business Contests
- Quiz Bowl Team
- Online Courses
- Dual Credit and Online College Courses
- Bronze, Silver and Gold Achievement Levels for Medals
- Career and College Exploration Course
- Fine Arts (band, art, vocal music)
- Extra-Curricular Clubs and Organizations
Kim Weeks, HAL Coordinator
Contact Information: 402.274.4328 firstname.lastname@example.org